discuss - [opennic-discuss] Suggestions for changing the TLD creation process.

[opennic-discuss] Suggestions for changing the TLD creation process.

  • From: Alex Nordlund <deep.alexander AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Suggestions for changing the TLD creation process.
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 14:35:17 +0000

Hello,

I've been thinking, now that we're getting more and more TLDs maybe it
would be a good idea to change the requirements for new TLDs.
Now don't get me wrong, this isn't meant to make the creation of a new
TLD harder but rather to improve the quality.

I'm thinking something along the lines of redundancy, maybe require
new TLDs to have a backup server in case the first goes down?
Obviously both should be in operation the entire time.

---
//Alex

  • [opennic-discuss] Suggestions for changing the TLD creation process., Alex Nordlund, 03/10/2012