discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Attack Countermeasures: An Exercise of Paranoia

Re: [opennic-discuss] Attack Countermeasures: An Exercise of Paranoia

  • From: Alex <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Attack Countermeasures: An Exercise of Paranoia
  • Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 20:21:53 -0500

On 5/2/2012 6:56 PM, Julian DeMarchi wrote:
> at's how I interpreted his response to Alex also.
> What you all have to remember is, you're dealing with some pretty
> technical people.
>
> While our emails could seem rude, or condescending, no malice is usually
> meant. We're just lame with words and like to get to the point.. :-)
>
> Teaspoon of concrete anyone?
>
> --julian

cookies for everyone!

yeah, i consider myself a nerd, but fortunately for me, i didn't get hit
with autism like my brother and sister did. they dont exactly have a way
with words, and i had to learn that they don't /intend/ to be rude and
condescending to the point of inviting violence, they just have to learn
the social thing the long way.

I dont think i got hit with the full blow like my siblings did, although
i have had to learn the ultimate basics of socialization, such as how to
allow others to invest in me socially, what the whole point of
socialization IS, the concept of a social implicit contract, domination
and submission, the foundational principles and theory of socialization
and society in general, etc.

I learned a lot, but apparently, I still have a huge massive gigantic
pile of STUFF to learn, and it's going to take me most of my lifespan to
learn it all.

name server administration is only one among thousands and thousands of
things i MUST learn to be successful, so the book Falk suggested will be
helpful.

Thank you, Falk, Danial, Alex, Dale, and Julian for being patient with me.

I apologize for assuming. I forget that I'm talking to people who are
nerdier and more extreme than even I am.

(I mean that as a neutral/slightly complementary statement.)