discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Attack Countermeasures: An Exercise of Paranoia

Re: [opennic-discuss] Attack Countermeasures: An Exercise of Paranoia

  • From: Alex <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Attack Countermeasures: An Exercise of Paranoia
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 07:50:47 -0500

On 5/3/2012 3:16 AM, Falk Husemann wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> wow that was a tough read for the morning.
>
> Am 03.05.2012 03:10, schrieb Alex:
> > I'll keep that in mind, thank you.
> > I retract my renaming, then, if this is a known phenomenon.
> > My apologies, Falk.
> Accepted :)

Yay! Group hugs~

> > On 5/2/2012 6:47 PM, Dale wrote:
> >> I'll second that. In reading Falk's responses to me in the past, some
> >> may have seemed condescending, but with closer look it was obvious
> >> he meant no malice. I may be wrong, but that's how I interpreted his
> >> response to Alex also.
>
> I had to look that one up. Wow. Me, condescending? I'm trying my best
> not be that way because I see too much of it in my community. But I
> admit to be a social minimalist when dealing with technical details, but
> try my best to not offend anyone personally. It can get pretty nasty
> with me, if you're wrong and I can prove it, though :)
>
> Group cuddling? :)

*enjoys*

> What I tried to tell you, Alex, is that security is a topic put on top
> of the deeply technical DNS stuff. Its certainly more complicated to
> develop a useful and doable security policy for a service, than to run
> the service itself. Lots of consideration is needed and I welcome your
> thoughts on it, because I'm just starting out on DNS security too. Maybe
> other OpenNIC members are interested in securing this infrastructure
> also? I am for certain.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I'll be sure to read that book you suggested. I just
today recovered my Nook Tablet, so I'll check if the book is offered as
an ebook.

> Therefor I offered my help and tried to give you some guidance on where
> to start for the basic stuff, as I'm busy preparing/writing some work on
> cracking networks. I would have offered to send you my notes, but if
> you're not a native german, they wouldn't be of value to you.

I am planning on learning German along with my family, but I wont likely
be fluent for some time.

> Dont feel treated disrespectful :) That was not my intention and if you
> feel that way, I'm sorry for that.
>
> I hope we can now discuss this on a mature level, or I'll dress up in my
> Falker suit (which happens to be metallic blue and two sizes too small)
> and haunt the offenders ;-)
>
> Falk
No hard feelings.

I should, as they said, drink some concrete.