discuss - [opennic-discuss] DNS Server does not resolve OpenNIC TLDs

[opennic-discuss] DNS Server does not resolve OpenNIC TLDs

  • From: Gandalf <gandy93 AT shellmix.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] DNS Server does not resolve OpenNIC TLDs
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 17:47:56 +0200

Hello,
I am trying to set-up OpenNIC on my laptop but I have run into complications. I am able to access
ICANN TLDs (e.g. www.yahoo.com) with an OpenNIC DNS server but when I try to access OpenNIC
TLDs (e.g. grep.geek), it doesn't resolve.

I tried three different DNS servers without a success. I did flush my DNS Cache manually and
restarted the laptop. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM. Here's the output from
ipconfig - http://pastebin.com/e6YUMu99 and nslookup - http://pastebin.com/bxMiJzWi. I can
successfully ping the DNS server. Interestingly, I'm also unable to access OpenNIC proxies.

My ISP is a little, local one. We have a good relationship and he's never tried anything funny. I
don't think that it's his doing. What should I do? :-(

Thanks for the (coming) help!