discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal for new TLD: .OZ - follow-up

Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal for new TLD: .OZ - follow-up

  • From: Martin C <martin AT mchomenet.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposal for new TLD: .OZ - follow-up
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 22:25:08 +1000

Sorry, just a quick follow-up: I know it may seem like I am trying to make things move too fast, especially considering I am new to the scene here, so I thought I would add a note.

Even if it seems like a newbie is trying to make waves so soon after barely introducing himself, I can't help that. If the votes come back as a no because of that, I wont mind (too) much. I just had the know-how and the resources to pull off the implementation of another new alternative TLD that I wanted (or would like) to have work within the opennic infrastructure and thought it would be a whole lot of fun to do. The system I wrote to manage it would greatly help as well.

Regardless of whether .OZ is accepted or not, I will still donate the previously mentioned code to anyone who wants it, because I can still use it for a very similar private project, and it was a whole lot of fun to do in the first place, so that is still there.

If .OZ is not accepted, maybe I'll try again later. If it is, wonderful! Either way, I have a little know-how and some resources that I can put to opennic's benefit, and at the very, very least, you guys get another Tier2 server. I really think the whole idea and push behind opennic is great, and another Tier2 system is a given either way.

Thanks for reading.

Martin.