discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] searching & new website

Re: [opennic-discuss] searching & new website

  • From: Maximi89 <maximi89 AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] searching & new website
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 02:08:59 -0400

2012/5/30 Peter Green <peter AT greenpete.co.uk>
I too have though about this and have successfully set up a search engine
to index OpenNIC sites, unfortunately, it uses so much of my servers
resources, I can't run it!

The system I have been trying is Yacy, a p2p search engine which seems
really nice in so many ways, but uses Java and sucks the life out of my
server!
it most times stop working...

there is others search's engines  like

http://seeks-project.info/wiki/index.php/List_of_Web_Seeks_nodes

Example: http://www.seeks-project.info/search_exp.php/websearch-hp

I'm still experimenting with it to see if I can get it to behave, but I
think my little V.P.S. is just too small and under powered :-(

Peter