discuss - [opennic-discuss] Vote for new TLD: .OZ

[opennic-discuss] Vote for new TLD: .OZ

  • From: Martin C <martin AT mchomenet.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Vote for new TLD: .OZ
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 10:58:37 +1000

Greetings everyone,
It's been just over a week now since I proposed a new TLD, .OZ and according to the OpenNIC policies, I can now call a vote to see what everyone really thinks of it.

I'm not sure how the process works precisely, so I thought I'd put this out there and watch the magic happen.

As previously mentioned, regardless of the results, OpenNIC still gets the software I created (the TLD manager which would require incredibly little to no administrative effort to make work after initial install, basic WHOIS server, and the zone generator for bind9 servers) and another TierX server. I am putting together a web page for it now and will announce that later on.

You can see it in action here: http://96.44.164.100/opennic.oz/

I think it would be a lot of fun, though it is up to the members here as to whether they think I am up to the task.

Thanks for reading.

Martin.