discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD

  • From: Martin C <martin AT mchomenet.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Codenamed: MUD4TLD
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 17:48:54 +1000

I have the WHOIS server manually set for now, so for a short while, anyone who had a domain registered before this afternoon (because I am running on a test copy of the DB for now), will have their domain appear in a WHOIS query. I have it set on another port for the demo, so I recommend running:

whois -h 96.44.164.100 -p 4343 opennic.oz (will work)
whois -h 96.44.164.100 -p 4343 opennic (will return NO RESULT)

same for register.oz

There are 3 other domains recorded at the moment by other members. They know who they are and what the domains are, so feel free to give it a try.

If you are expecting it to recognise anything more advanced than the above, you will be disappointed for the time being.

Let me know if you run into any problems. I'm determined to get the basics of the WHOIS server running as well as can be for now.

Martin.