discuss - [opennic-discuss] .ing | possible charter edit

[opennic-discuss] .ing | possible charter edit

  • From: Tim Groeneveld <tim AT timgws.com.au>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] .ing | possible charter edit
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2012 01:23:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Guys,

I am looking at updating the .ing and .micro charters to clarify the position
for account ownership.

I wish to validate that .ing domains are still held by people who are still
operating in the OpenNIC project.

Currently, domains can only be removed if/when they are not resolvable.

I wish to put forward the idea of emailing all current owners of .ing domain
names, letting them know that they will be required to log into register.ing
at least once every twelve months to validate their account details, or risk
their domains being possibly removed.

Our charter does state that the SOA records must have a valid SOA record, and
that SOA record does include the email address for the administrator of the
records.

I am not yet exactly sure on how this is going to be implemented just yet,
but I wish to implement a policy along this direction. We need to ensure that
SPAM domains and domains that do not have a valid reason for existing are
cleared.

I think sending an email to all domain holders who have not validated their
contact details in a twelve month period asking them nicely to validate their
contact details would not be a bad idea.

Regards,
Tim

  • [opennic-discuss] .ing | possible charter edit, Tim Groeneveld, 06/10/2012