discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Hello everyone!

Re: [opennic-discuss] Hello everyone!

  • From: David Marner <nanashi.rei AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Hello everyone!
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 01:05:24 +0200

I'm happy to hear there is at least one who's interested. From my point of view, which excludes Nico Hamm for now (he will write his opinions himself), it should be centered around but not restricted to Anime/Manga/Japan-Culture. One of the things i thought about was how to handle commercial stuff, if it ever happens. One idea would be to allow non-profit project for free and ask _tiny_ fees (to help pay for the server) for pages that intend a commercial use. The other would be to hand-check everything and ensure it's "fan stuff".

Fan Stuff: User post about things and _discuss_. No selling, no commercial stuff. --> This might be a huge break, who knows. Marketing is way to complex.

About the domain registration system, is there any open source project or any recommendations? I mean coding one myself or together with Nico Hamm will also work, but why reinvent the wheel if there is one already?

I'll tell Nico to write his ideas right after me. He has some plans as far as i know.

David