discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenID authentication (backed by LDAP!)

Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenID authentication (backed by LDAP!)

  • From: Mike <mike AT ohlulz.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenID authentication (backed by LDAP!)
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 19:03:07 -0400

What about having the registers use existing OpenID provides. I would think that most people here already have an OpenID account either through Google, Yahoo, other big names or through their own sites.

On Sep 5, 2012 6:58 PM, "Martin C" <martin AT mchomenet.com> wrote:
> Does anyone of you support OpenID authentication at your OpenNIC site?
I'd maybe think about it, if it was fully secured and encrypted.

> LDAP, so that people only need to register at members.opennic and not at
> every single individual site.
I don't think it would bother people too much to register at every
individual TLD registrar site, I'm sure even today people might have
seperate accounts at namecheap, godaddy, ventraip, network solutions,
etc depending on their needs from each registrar.

Beyond that, I am a little cautious though of a centralised login system
that brings with it a potential single point of failure.

My two cents.

--
Martin C.