discuss - [opennic-discuss] Large number of T2 servers being removed from the database

[opennic-discuss] Large number of T2 servers being removed from the database

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: OpenNIC discussion <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>, OpenNIC DNS Ops <dns-operations AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Large number of T2 servers being removed from the database
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 21:35:24 -0600

Which regards to the previous discussion on automatically removing
non-responding Tier-2 servers from the listing, I have compiled the
following list of 20 server that have been failing or completely
offline. It was agreed that servers which have failed for more than 2
weeks should be considered for auto-removal, and the machines on this
list have been failing for 3 weeks or more.

I will be removing these servers from the public listings, which means
they also will no longer receive automated testing, nor will they be
available in the dns.opennic.glue zone. If you are the administrator of
any of these servers, it will be up to you to notify myself or Brian
Koontz when your servers come back online, at which point we will
re-enable your records. If you need assistance getting your server
operational, feel free to send your questions to the mailing list or ask
us on IRC chat.

ns3.cz - failing since 2012-06-05
ns4.de - failing since 2012-08-27
ns5.de - offline since 2012-08-27