discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Hello!

Re: [opennic-discuss] Hello!

  • From: "Mike N." <mike AT myownsoho.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Hello!
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 00:06:53 -0500

Rouben,

May I contact you off-channel about your last paragraph?

mike--

On 2013-03-06 23:48, Rouben wrote:

Hi everyone!

I'd like to introduce myself. I first became an OpenNIC user  a couple of years ago; the whole idea of an alternate, democratic NIC and DNS infrastructure was and still is quite intriguing to me. When the number of stable tier 2 servers dwindled, I eventually lost interest in the project and stopped using OpenNIC altogether. Yesterday I decided to check out OpenNIC again, and was thrilled to find that the project is back and that all the resolvers I've tried were snappy to respond! Needless to say I'm quite excited! :)
I'd be more than happy to contribute in any way I can. I've been working as a systems administrator at the University of Toronto since 2003 and now run one of the IT departments there. I've learned most of what I know through community involvement (hey, I even got an interview with Google once thanks to my Ubuntu involvement), and would love to contribute what I can to OpenNIC as well. Over the years I've operated a number of servers and networks, including Apache, nginx, bind, sendmail, MySQL, PostgreSQL... you name it.

Rouben