discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] New domain to watch out for abuse - ddostheinter.net

Re: [opennic-discuss] New domain to watch out for abuse - ddostheinter.net

  • From: "Alex M (Coyo)" <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] New domain to watch out for abuse - ddostheinter.net
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 01:16:28 -0500

On 06/11/2013 01:13 AM, Quinn Wood wrote:
On 6/10/13, Alex Hanselka <alex AT opennicproject.org> wrote:
Interesting. Since this is unlikely to be used for any real dns info
there is likely a way to just kill any packets requesting that (I suck
at iptables). Or perhaps just putting up an empty dummy zone.

Perhaps instead of making claims that a zone won't be used for
anything than attacks backed on its name, folks should perform
heuristics checks on, I don't know, the actual zone.

Any Tom, Dick, or Harry can register stopddos.est and pop the same
records into it.

Cute.

That isn't a suspicious canonical name at all.

Nope! Nothing to see here, folks, move along!

Totally not the adversaries you are looking for. :D