discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] HTML Mail

Re: [opennic-discuss] HTML Mail

  • From: Coyo <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] HTML Mail
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 23:06:37 -0600

On 11/24/2013 9:02 PM, Alex Hanselka wrote:
On 11/24/2013 7:04 PM, Quinn Wood wrote:
On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Coyo <coyo AT darkdna.net> wrote:
If you are going to do that, you may as well convert top posting to bottom
posting, clean up, auto-trim and otherwise preprocess and postprocess mail.

The issue is that all of that should be done by the sender, not by the
receiver. Be conservative with what you send, but liberal in what you
accept.
This is basically why I don't care much at all about what format of mail I receive. I try to respect others for sure and I don't ever get complaints but being bothered about top/bottom posting is just exhausting. The only thing that does bother me is HTML only mail as there isn't really much reason for it to be HTML only.

Oh, okay. I see now. There's no text-only version. Yeah, I'm with you, now.