discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] HTML Mail

Re: [opennic-discuss] HTML Mail

  • From: Coyo <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] HTML Mail
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 18:07:06 -0600

On 11/24/2013 5:54 PM, Coyo wrote:
Yes, it's a habit I need to unlearn and redevelop into more "proper" form for authoring and publishing Usenet-style submissions.

I have to grow that Unix beard, after all.

Speaking of Unix beards, I can't imagine no one has thought of Usenet-to-Listserv gateways, yet.

The concept is that the newsgroup server is connected to an email server and automaton that emulates listserv behavior, permitting subscription behavior similar to mailman listserv, while also acting as a newsgroup server, sending and receiving Usenet posts as though the listserv subscribers were sending them.

Of course, the listserv emulation could be added as a module to a newsgroup server, providing email client-friendly look-and-feel, usable by mutt and emacs mail, standard straightforward email clients.

To be fair, I'm busy boning up on Perl, BASH Shell and Pascal so I can develop a research overlay. I'm pretty sure I mentioned it before.