discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] HTML Mail

Re: [opennic-discuss] HTML Mail

  • From: Coyo <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] HTML Mail
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 00:48:46 -0600

On 11/23/2013 06:51 PM, Quinn Wood wrote:
On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Coyo <coyo AT darkdna.net> wrote:
What's wrong with top-posting?

add up.
listserver messages
signatures- as well as
because context and
as the thread goes on,
increasingly huge
makes your messages
Also not trimming

you are responding to.
before going on to see what
memorize your message
ruined and I have to
The flow is completely

That's adorable.

I need to get into the habit of writing more substantial replies, and rely less on thunderbird to reply sanely. I'm becoming more aware that when replying to listservs and usenet newsgroups that you must trim replies, sometimes even clean up the spelling and grammar, edit and revise for readability, and include only just enough for there be enough context to understand what the reply is replying to.

I did not know that emails are expected to be self-contained and able to stand on their own.

It was an honest mistake on my part, and I apologize.