discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] New search engine & article

Re: [opennic-discuss] New search engine & article

  • From: Calum McAlinden <calum AT mcalinden.me.uk>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] New search engine & article
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 21:54:34 +0000

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the replies; it's been interesting reading them. I'm
looking forward to seeing Martin's search engine and also grep.geek
when it's cleaned up a bit.

As for seek.geek, I decided to move away from Sphider and work on a
custom solution using elasticsearch as a database. I have been writing
a custom indexer/spider in Javascript (node.js), and another Node.js
program to retrieve and process the results.

As it stands at the moment, functionality is very limited. For
example, there is no 'Did you mean?', suggestions, or pages.
Eventually, seek.geek will have all theses features, in addition to a
JSON API. Results will also be proxied for non OpenNIC users.

Thanks,
Calum.