discuss - [opennic-discuss] [ICANN] New gTLDS, first conflict

[opennic-discuss] [ICANN] New gTLDS, first conflict

  • From: Julian DeMarchi <julian AT jdcomputers.com.au>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] [ICANN] New gTLDS, first conflict
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 11:01:37 +1000

heya--

.ing has signed the contract[0] with ICANN. we now have our first
conflicting domain within this money grab ICANN has started.

we have two choices on how to proceed, and this email is to start
discussions and I'll raise a vote in 7 days.

our choices are;

- keep .ing in the OpenNIC root and conflict with ICANN
- drop .ing from the OpenNIC root and use ICANNs

i'm currently of the belief that first in first served. ICANN has
already had prior notification that this TLD does belong to Tim and he
has submitted relative documentations to ICANN including his .ing
trademark. these letters to ICANN have been ignored. thus it is my
belief that in approving .ing ICANN has explicity created our first
conflicting root(ignoring .biz) and as this is their choice, i think we
should continue with .ing in our root.

--julian

0 - http://www.icann.org/en/about/agreements/registries/ing