discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The .neo zone appears to be dead

Re: [opennic-discuss] The .neo zone appears to be dead

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The .neo zone appears to be dead
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 20:18:52 -0600

I've made some security enhancements based on things that other people have been teaching me.  The code is probably in good shape for someone to start writing up a decent theme now, and yesterday I came up with a whole list of options that could be set to define each TLD (things like min/max characters allowed in domain names, a boolean to set if a TLD is privately controlled or open for access from other registrars, etc...) so I have a lot more code to write to give functionality to these options.  The basic purpose of the code, to manage TLDs and domains, and to generate the files for BIND, appears to be rock-solid.  I also have a script to detect domains about to expire and send out emails at intervals -- this is about 3/4 finished, but I want to add a routine so if a domain is well past expiration (like most of the OSS domains), it will push out the expiration to allow time for sending emails.

So yeah, its getting close... just add some more features and do a final round of testing and it should be ready for general use.