discuss - [opennic-discuss] The .neo zone appears to be dead

[opennic-discuss] The .neo zone appears to be dead

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] The .neo zone appears to be dead
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 12:14:34 -0600

A little over three weeks ago the neo zone stopped responding. Whatever happened appears to have affected not only his OpenNic connections, but also his ICANN domains and nameservers. His email contacts all go through the same servers, and are thus also not reachable.

There appears to only be around a dozen valid domain entries in the zone. I'm not certain if these were all used by Neo himself, or if anyone here had domains registered in that TLD. Since the zone is also carried by the other tier-1 nameservers, all domains are still reachable, but there is no way for users to register or update their domains.

We should probably start discussing, then take a vote as to what we want to do about the zone...

1) If there is interest, we can transfer the zone to another registrar and try to reconnect users with their domains.

2) We shut down the TLD, remove all records, and no longer carry the zone under OpenNic.

3) We continue trying to contact Neo.