discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] \o/ US Meetup

Re: [opennic-discuss] \o/ US Meetup

  • From: Jon Hebb <somebodyrocks AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] \o/ US Meetup
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 01:52:06 -0400

So um... I would recommend that you all register your interest & ideas @ www.meet.null

We want to know where you're located, where you think the conference/meetup could be held, when is a goodtime to have it, and what your email is so we can keep you updated. Every field is optional, though please don't submit blank entries -_-

I can tell you right now that because of low pricing, I would say that having me host it in Morgantown, WV is the frontrunner. There hasn't really been any major opposition to the idea, but we are obviously a long way from putting this idea into reality and things can change, that's why this site was put together.

A few have brought up the idea of Las Vegas, though a few have also kind of said no to that idea. I will submit an RFP to a Vegas convention planning agency that will then forward it to various hotels, some of which specialize in <500 person conferences (we'll be looking at about 30, with a max of 50 we figure). This site will help us gauge interest in how large the conference is. Obviously international travel will be a setback for a lot of you.

Questions, tips, suggestions, concerns.. feel free to voice them. I'd seriously like to see this become a real thing.