discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Galium - Updated domain registration software

Re: [opennic-discuss] Galium - Updated domain registration software

  • From: Tim Groeneveld <tim AT timg.ws>
  • To: <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Galium - Updated domain registration software
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 11:24:19 +1000

Hey Jeff,

1: I have seen that page, but code like this should be thrown up on the
public internet,
so that we can get some kudos for work that we have done, before people
switch DNS
to OpenNIC

2: Yeah, that would be possible. The only thing that I am concerned about is
latency.
ie, how far away are the LDAP servers from the Azure instances running the www
interface and the dns servers?

The latency of reads from the LDAP server is the one thing that has stopped me
from using LDAP thus far.

Would it be possible to have a local read-only slave so that at least reads
are not
limited by the location of the LDAP servers?

If the answer to having a local LDAP server is yes, I will sit down either
tonight or
tomorrow night and make a provider for Laravel's UserProviderInterface and for
my new DomainProviderInterface to store data in LDAP rather then Eloquent.

Regards,
Tim

---- On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 07:27:01 +1000 Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
wrote ----