discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Updating the server reporting scripts

Re: [opennic-discuss] Updating the server reporting scripts

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Updating the server reporting scripts
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 11:44:16 -0700
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx4.sourpuss.net 9E6F52D3AB

I decided to check my own logs, and did in fact find the same errors.  Of course I don't pay any attention to that particular log file, I only watch the query logs for problems.  If these warnings are taking up so much of your time, maybe you should just filter them into a separate file?  If they are taking too much space, why not rotate your logs daily?  My operational logs only take about 5MB daily despite all the warnings, hardly anything to worry about.

For what its worth, as I said before these are just warnings and not actual errors.  The zone files work fine, they just don't fit into BIND's standard world-view.  You can in fact resolve -.bit (you have to escape the - symbol from linux command-line though) so the zone files are working correctly.  As I said before, BIND wouldn't load them or transfer them if the files were actually bad.