discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Updating the server reporting scripts

Re: [opennic-discuss] Updating the server reporting scripts

  • From: Calum McAlinden <calum AT mcalinden.me.uk>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Updating the server reporting scripts
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 20:23:07 +0000

On 20 December 2014 at 19:45, Administrador <admin AT bambusoft.com> wrote:
> I agree with you, there are options to handle this situation, actually I
> have a weekly logrotation and a filter,....but, like BIND, I'm STANDARDs
> oriented
> the main point of my suggestion is to "validate zone files", but only if
> this is usefull, if not, we can drop it and see other suggestions...

Apologies for the non-compliant zone file for .bit. I believe it is no
longer possible to register invalid names, but some old domains like
-.bit have been grandfathered. We could either validate the zone file
and remove these, or leave them in place and put up with the warnings.
IMO these should be left in place, otherwise we would be providing a
modified zone.

--
Calum McAlinden
http://www.mcalinden.me.uk