discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote to drop ING

Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote to drop ING

  • From: Calum McAlinden <calum AT mcalinden.me.uk>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote to drop ING
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 20:27:54 +0000

On 20 December 2014 at 20:15, Daniel Quintiliani <danq AT runbox.com> wrote:
> I really think someone should contact the EFF about this issue. I don't
> personally care about my .ing domains as they're just redirects, but if
> everyone caves in like Jeff is, they're eventually gonna go after Julian,
> and if Julian doesn't fight back, OpenNIC will be gone.

As of now the .ing registration interface has been offline for months.
If we want to put up a fight we should at least look like we're using
it. Personally, I would just let it go and concentrate on our other
TLDs. Although a bit of publicity wouldn't go amiss...

--
Calum McAlinden
http://www.mcalinden.me.uk