discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote to drop ING

Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote to drop ING

  • From: Riley Baird <riley AT openmailbox.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote to drop ING
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 10:07:08 +1100

I doubt that the creation of .ing is intentionally trying to derail the
OpenNIC project. More likely, it was just a lack of concern for it,
perhaps through ignorance.

The entity which filed the application for .ing is Charleston Road
Registry, which is basically Google, but with a name change to meet
ICANN policy.

How many .ing domains are there? Do you think that Google could be
convinced to "grandfather" the already registered domains?