discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote to drop ING

Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote to drop ING

  • From: Anner van Hardenbroek <dwlnetnl AT gmail.com>
  • To: "discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote to drop ING
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 07:14:49 +0100

Hi,

I think we should prioritize the new official registrars because they are a
(new) fact of life with opening the TLD space by ICANN. Also I think it's
reasonable to assume that the "official" parties won't respect OpenNIC's
expiration dates and other policies about the TLD. I'm not saying that
OpenNIC as a community shouldn't reach out to them and try to make a deal. If
it's possible it's great, but in the generally I doubt that's the case.

Kind regards,
Anner