discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote to drop ING

Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote to drop ING

  • From: Tim Groeneveld <tim AT timg.ws>
  • To: <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Call for vote to drop ING
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 18:10:39 +1100

maybe this could happen [grandfathering of the domains] but I doubt it highly. I have fought the good fight,  but nothing happened.

Dear Lord God Almighty, please let this (and .biz before it) be a lesson that we need a much better legal protections put in place if we want to seriously operate in this space.

If we can't or don't want to do this, we should throw our hands up and quit now.

Kind Regards,
Tim

---- On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 10:07:08 +1100 riley AT openmailbox.org wrote ----
I doubt that the creation of .ing is intentionally trying to derail the

OpenNIC project. More likely, it was just a lack of concern for it,

perhaps through ignorance.

The entity which filed the application for .ing is Charleston Road

Registry, which is basically Google, but with a name change to meet

ICANN policy.

How many .ing domains are there? Do you think that Google could be

convinced to "grandfather" the already registered domains?