discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposed .stl TLD - request for discussion

Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposed .stl TLD - request for discussion

  • From: subhuman <discipline AT gmx.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Proposed .stl TLD - request for discussion
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 20:08:14 +0100

then, assuming that the venerable city of st. louis some day in the future
might decide to raise the claim on the tld you've just proposed for opennic,
and assuming we then follow the path you're proposing (i.e. giving up our
claim at the first sign of a contrary request), what reason might there be
for us to instanciate the tld in the first place?

that may sound cynical. and, as a matter fact, that's what it is. however, if
we really manage to establish an OpenNIC corporation, a legal body, we might
just find ourselves in the position of someone who wins a war.

however, from the myriads of mails i've been gathering from this list, the
chance of OpenNIC to become an entity, a subject, a something at least, is
minuscule. it's nice to be part of it (and i'm proud of being a part of
OpenNIC), but that's all. OpenNIC is a hobby, and that's it. it is doomed to
fail - or better: to die by exhaustion.

--
The world is such a nasty place to be.