discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] geek/indy/dev/null

Re: [opennic-discuss] geek/indy/dev/null

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] geek/indy/dev/null
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 17:47:58 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx1.sourpuss.net E59912D934

Don't get me wrong, we certainly want to encourage other people to help, and your contribution would be appreciated... I'm just worried about having the same thing happen again, which is why the ldap service was set up in the first place.

I have a script set up to break down an existing zone file and create the appropriate LDAP entries so we can preserve the domains that exist and give them back to the proper owners. However I do not have anything that would give you a csv or sql formatted file. So it's your choice... if you want to work with the tools we already have, the TLD domains will be pre-created for you and you can build a theme that works for your website. If you want to take one of the TLDs and use something else, then you will have to create your own tools to obtain the existing information out of the last zone file and format it for your needs.