discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] geek/indy/dev/null

Re: [opennic-discuss] geek/indy/dev/null

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] geek/indy/dev/null
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 13:44:43 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx4.sourpuss.net B8EAE2D939

There is no data -- that is the whole problem.  All of the previous information was lost and these TLDs have to be recreated from scratch.  If you put the information into an SQL file, that puts us in the same position as before -- if you lose the data or leave opennic, we would have to once again rebuild everything from scratch.

This is the reason why I would prefer to put it into LDAP... There are at least four different servers currently maintaining the information, plus nightly backups, so we have very little risk of losing everything again.  Also it allows for domain registration from multiple sites, so we're not relying on a single server to make updates.