discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] geek/indy/dev/null

Re: [opennic-discuss] geek/indy/dev/null

  • From: Calum McAlinden <calum AT mcalinden.me.uk>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] geek/indy/dev/null
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 19:50:41 +0000

On Tue, 26 May 2015 at 20:19 Will Furnell <willfurnell AT me.com> wrote:
I think that this would be a great idea.

On 26/05/2015 18:44, Jeff Taylor wrote:
> There has been no further action on these TLDs for the past 2 months,
> and we really need to get them online again.
>
> If nobody has any objections, I would like to add all four TLDs to LDAP,
> and make them available from reg.oss (I would also set up reg.for.free
> to point to the same page).  This will get us back online again, and if
> anyone else wants to take over the TLDs at some point, all of the data
> will be available in LDAP and make it easy to change the owner.
>
> Please let me know your thoughts today.  I will check back in about 8 hours.
>

> On 03/26/2015 04:42 PM, Julian De Marchi wrote:
>> heya--
>>
>> I don't have enough time to resurrect these TLDs while I'm concentrating
>> on building up OpenNICs infrastructure.
>>
>> I would therefore like to call on 4 new operators to take over these
>> TLDs from me.
>>
>> Please put your names forward about why you'll be best to take over
>> these TLDs and what contribution you have already made to OpenNIC(so I
>> know you're not going to disappear in the next year).
>>
>> Taking on a TLD is a long time commitment. If you can't do this ,don't
>> put your name forward.
>>
>> --julian

Hi,

I also think it is definitely a good idea to get the TLDs back in operation as soon as possible, using whatever means are easiest.

As I said (I think) in a previous email, I wouldn't mind taking over one or more of the TLDs, piecing together the data, and running them (If Jeff provides me with his registrar script ;-)