discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Web hosting

Re: [opennic-discuss] Web hosting

  • From: Evaggelos Balaskas <Evaggelos AT Balaskas.gr>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Web hosting
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 20:20:33 +0300

[ thread hijacked! - sorry about that! ]

As I am at that stage, my own VPS with (Power)DNS Recursing via
opennicproject, is there anything else I can do to have an updated
root.hint zone or just run a monthly cron script doing:

dig . NS @75.127.96.89

I am asking, cause the output of dig doesnt match the contents of this
wiki page: http://wiki.opennicproject.org/Tier1

Thanks in advance, again really sorry for pirating this mail thread.

On 09/06/2015 06:20 μμ, Jiří Barouš wrote:
> As long as you can configure that domain for your hosting (in a
> virtualhost and the like) you will be fine. A good hosting won't limit
> this, but I'm sure there are some that even require you to use their
> DNS. So I guess better ask their tech support first.
>
> Oh and personally I'd suggest (if you are fine with /learning/ Linux
> server configuration) to get a VPS where you can do anything you want.
> Perhaps even host a T2 server ;-)
>
> On 9 Jun 2015 16:54, <alexhofstadter AT gmx.com
> <mailto:alexhofstadter AT gmx.com>> wrote:
>
> Hello, I have a quick stupid question.
> Will any web hosting provider be able to work with OpenNIC domains?
> Or do I have to find one which has specifical settings to resolve them?

> You may unsubscribe by emailing
> discuss-unsubscribe AT lists.opennicproject.org
> <mailto:discuss-unsubscribe AT lists.opennicproject.org>

Evaggelos Balaskas - Unix System Engineer
PGP: 0x1c8968af8d2c621f