discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] PowerDNS root-zone hint update

Re: [opennic-discuss] PowerDNS root-zone hint update

  • From: Evaggelos Balaskas <Evaggelos AT Balaskas.gr>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] PowerDNS root-zone hint update
  • Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 20:53:13 +0300

Thanks for your answer, but raised two more questions on the subject of
root opennicproject NS.

1. That would suggest that the IPs of the root opennic.glue NS are
changing every few hours. Is that right? If yes, why is this happening?

2. (to partial answer my above question)

running this:

for i in `seq 11`; do dig . NS @ns$i.opennic.glue. | grep -v '^;' | sort
-u -V > /tmp/$i ; done

seems that everybody has the same output/content with the exception of

ns1,ns5 & ns11

So -I am guessing- the below wiki page is outdated:
http://wiki.opennicproject.org/Tier1
or a recent problem exists on the above problematic root NS.

If thats so, then I understand the need to check every day (at least)
the output of dig . NS @ns0.opennic.glue as it may some ns (or all ??)
dont work properly or have changed IPs.

PLZ forgive me if I am making some irregular assumptions on the matter
and for my very bad english.

--
Evaggelos Balaskas - Unix System Engineer
PGP: 0x1c8968af8d2c621f