discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Sustained attack from 77.50.*

Re: [opennic-discuss] Sustained attack from 77.50.*

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org, OpenNIC DNS Ops <dns-operations AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Sustained attack from 77.50.*
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 10:53:05 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx1.sourpuss.net A84CD2D95A

By the way, I have already confirmed these addresses are NOT on either the whitelist, nor in the ACL for opennic servers.

There is the possibility that I broke something in my rules while adding a new network connection recently (which allowed the attacker to query my T2 servers that should only be accepting whitelisted connections), otherwise there is the possibility this is a new type of attack that somehow bypasses Bind9 query settings. I'm guessing the first option is the most likely, but I'll be looking into it this weekend.