discuss - Re[2]: [opennic-discuss] Some general updates about OpenNic

Re[2]: [opennic-discuss] Some general updates about OpenNic

  • From: spaesani AT mail.com
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re[2]: [opennic-discuss] Some general updates about OpenNic
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 12:49:39 +0300

Thanks.

--
Sent from myMail app for Android

Saturday, 03 December 2016, 01:25AM -05:00 from Maiyannah Bishop <maiyannah.bishop AT postactiv.com>:

I will read into this tomorrow (er, later today), and probably stand up a VM on my server to act as such a nameserver, thanks for the information.
-mb

On 2016-12-03 01:18, Jonah Aragon wrote:
There's an excellent wiki page on the matter: http://wiki.opennicproject.org/Tier2ServerConfig

I recommend using the srvzone script linked on that page if you use BIND, it automates the whole slave zone process so making T2 servers is incredibly easy if you have a server somewhere. I'm using it on my T1 and all four of my T2 servers, just to make sure they all stay updated.

Jonah