Skip to Content.
Sympa Menu

discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] new tld

discuss AT

Subject: Discuss mailing list

List archive

Re: [opennic-discuss] new tld

Chronological Thread 
  • From: Jonah Aragon <jonaharagon AT>
  • To: discuss <discuss AT>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] new tld
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 09:55:14 -0600

If your new TLD is not .core, you could send a charter up for discussion now and it would generally be reserved, nobody else really could claim it. Since you decide when the voting starts, you could easily just wait until you're ready. I'm not sure how many people here would LIKE that, it could get annoying if everyone does it, but technically it'd work. I'd say go for it if you're seriously planning on setting up a TLD within a month or two.

If it is .core, you should start a new discussion with Joseph/CoreDomain to resolve the issue, no need for multiple conflicting charters.


On Feb 3, 2017 8:54 AM, "JC" <jc AT> wrote:
As I have seen, it is necessary to reserve a domain name before someone else does.  However, I am not completely ready to start hosting my opennic dns server.  Would the community be opposed to me reserving a tld and sitting on it for a few weeks?  (i will expedite the opening of my t1/t2 server if you folks agree to let me reserve it now)

if so, I will send the required documentation this weekend.. if not then I can wait. No big deal. 

You are a member of the OpenNIC Discuss list.
You may unsubscribe by emailing discuss-unsubscribe AT

Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.

Top of Page