discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] new tld

Re: [opennic-discuss] new tld

  • From: Jonah Aragon <jonaharagon AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] new tld
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 09:55:14 -0600

If your new TLD is not .core, you could send a charter up for discussion now and it would generally be reserved, nobody else really could claim it. Since you decide when the voting starts, you could easily just wait until you're ready. I'm not sure how many people here would LIKE that, it could get annoying if everyone does it, but technically it'd work. I'd say go for it if you're seriously planning on setting up a TLD within a month or two.

If it is .core, you should start a new discussion with Joseph/CoreDomain to resolve the issue, no need for multiple conflicting charters.

Jonah