discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] peering with FreeNIC

Re: [opennic-discuss] peering with FreeNIC

  • From: Jonah Aragon <jonaharagon AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] peering with FreeNIC
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 11:52:07 -0600

I could register all the OpenNIC domains on FreeNIC and point them to registries here. I could do that just as easily as anybody else, for that matter. I agree with Angelica though, I doubt anyone here or at FreeNIC is concerned with that specifically.

The good thing about FreeNIC is the lack of regulations about something like this, so if someone wants to put in the time to add all the OpenNIC zones to FreeNIC there's nothing stopping you. I don't really see a need at the moment though. It's a largely unrelated organization.

Jonah