discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] peering with FreeNIC

Re: [opennic-discuss] peering with FreeNIC

  • From: Angélica Luna <luz AT freenic.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] peering with FreeNIC
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2017 17:34:22 +0000

Because we have no peering agreement; OpenNIC has voted not to peer our TLDs so personally I don't think I can justify to our present and future community making the OpenNIC TLDs unavailable to them. For that reason, I won't accept a one-sided peering agreement. If this is an important issue, feel free to speak to our other ops to get their opinions. I would imagine, though, that it makes very little difference to the OpenNIC community whether we peer your TLDs or not; we don't have a userbase of a size that would make us relevant to OpenNIC at the moment.