discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Moving to Discourse (Forum + Mailing List Replacement)

Re: [opennic-discuss] Moving to Discourse (Forum + Mailing List Replacement)

  • From: Jonah Aragon <jonaharagon AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Moving to Discourse (Forum + Mailing List Replacement)
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 19:06:40 -0500

For every person announcing their departure here on the mailing list, 5 people show their intentions to join and commit servers to our project on various platforms, especially IRC. It's too bad some people here have left, but this is a wonderful time to be a part of OpenNIC.

The changes I propose are discussion points, not votes. This is the reason I'm not fond of the people yelling their disagreements in these threads. I'm looking for suggestions, comments, and constructive criticism, not denial and anger over these little matters. This is only a discussion.

IF these projects go to a vote in the future that's the time to show your support or disagreement. They're only proposals until the voting process, and I want to include other people's comments and suggestions as I build these changes.

There's a fair chance you've already left, which is a shame, but I hope everyone else having similar thoughts will realize these are just talking points to bring about a more concise, inclusive, and up-to-date community, because nobody else likes to bring these things up. These aren't guarantees of our future directions.

Jonah