discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] BDNS - a browser addon for accessing OpenNIC TLDs

Re: [opennic-discuss] BDNS - a browser addon for accessing OpenNIC TLDs

  • From: Jonah Aragon <jonah AT triplebit.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] BDNS - a browser addon for accessing OpenNIC TLDs
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 07:07:57 -0500

Hello!

First off, thanks a lot for adding support for our DNS system, your plugin looks like a great simple solution to access sites like these and I’m happy about the work you do.

I’ll have to test your plugin a bit more myself, and I was hoping to hear from some other community members who had used it. Didn’t see much in the last email thread about this.

I had briefly tested the plugin on a corporate machine of mine without success. It could just be that whatever methods you’re using were blocked on that computer or it couldn’t access your servers, but I was somewhat disappointed because that was the first clear use-case I thought of. The plugin makes the most sense if you otherwise aren’t able to change your DNS records, so I’d like to discover more limitations like that before suggesting it as a clear suggestion or alternative.

I’ll be sure to give it a try on some other systems without restrictions like that to test it out. And I hope other members here will give it a try and report back.

Do you operate every server personally?

Thanks for your work on this,

Jonah