discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] BDNS - a browser addon for accessing OpenNIC TLDs

Re: [opennic-discuss] BDNS - a browser addon for accessing OpenNIC TLDs

  • From: Jonah Aragon <jonah AT triplebit.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] BDNS - a browser addon for accessing OpenNIC TLDs
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 11:21:45 -0500

Well, been trying this out a bunch more and it does seem to be working great.
The extension (debug and Chrome Store versions) works fine on computers that
let me load unpacked extensions, so I didn’t really need to do any debugging.
It doesn’t work on any of the Chromebooks I’ve tried out here, but I also
wasn’t able to install the debug version to find out why because Developer
Tools were disabled. Some sort of policy must be getting in the way, but I’m
not sure what since all the API endpoints are accessible if I just visit them
directly in the browser. Ah well, I’ll investigate further if I have time,
but I would still definitely recommend this extension at the moment.

“Blockchain-DNS” now strikes me as an inadequate name now that you’ve decided
to expand to other alternative roots. Not really an issue, just a thought I
had.

What Tier 2 servers do your servers query to resolve OpenNIC domains? Or is
each server its own resolver directly from the root?

Jonah