discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [DISCUSSION] Mailing List Voting and Formatting Policies

Re: [opennic-discuss] [DISCUSSION] Mailing List Voting and Formatting Policies

  • From: Jonah Aragon <jonah AT triplebit.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [DISCUSSION] Mailing List Voting and Formatting Policies
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 15:23:22 -0500

Does anyone have anything else to add or comment on? If not, I’m hoping to start a voting thread tomorrow on this proposal.

I would just like to add that this is not any kind of charter intended to be the forming policies of a new organization or nonprofit. It isn’t even a complete set of policies, just a small set pertaining to voting and some small infrastructure requirements. It mainly exists for clarification of what the community here expects for new members.

There were some mentions of having a procedure to remove people who aren’t contributing or are spamming the mailing list, but I’m hesitant to add any policies regarding that at the moment. I don’t want to carelessly add something that could be misconstrued (possibly maliciously) in a way that’d lead to the removal of actual members. It’s somewhat difficult to differentiate clearly between active trolls and people with opinions that conflict with your own. If we do decide to add policies regarding that, I think that should be done on a separate discussion and proposal.

Thanks!

Jonah