discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [DISCUSSION] Mailing List Voting and Formatting Policies

Re: [opennic-discuss] [DISCUSSION] Mailing List Voting and Formatting Policies

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [DISCUSSION] Mailing List Voting and Formatting Policies
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 11:02:23 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx1.computerrehab.us EC0F02D782

I think it goes without saying that no T1 server has ever been created unless it hosted a TLD or served another specific purpose. The only case of a T1 being added without a connection to a TLD is NS8. Until recently it was the only non-peering T1 being operated in the European region, despite opennic having roughly half of our user base in that area. NS8 was created to provide a local source for zone updates in that area, and even after all these years it is still providing a useful service.

I understand you're just trying to identify the rules we're already following, I just wanted to make it clear that there was no breech of this proposal which instigated the requirement for a 'new' rule to be made.