discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Is the mailing list broken?

Re: [opennic-discuss] Is the mailing list broken?

  • From: "." <i_write_words AT posteo.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Is the mailing list broken?
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2018 10:29:23 -0700

Is this a good time for a curious newbie to ask potentially stupid
questions?

If not, I'll go back to lurkdom, but if so, I'd love some help seeing if
I can actually set up open nic on my Gl.Inet minirouters without
sacrificing the VPN I simply cannot make do without right now.

My friend who tried so admirably and suggested that I subscribe in the
first place has too many other irons in the fire to help right now.

I also have one LibreCMC router that needs to be updated, another that I
borked the day I got it, and a proprietary Netgear that can be used as a
learning tool if that would be more helpful. Unfortunately, I do not
have any formal IT training or employment experience whatsoever, but I
do have a bit of time and a "self-deprecating sense of humour" that
others have commented favorably about and a passion for free software,
the open internet, and the hardwired human instinct to learn and share.