discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Using the DokuWiki as our voting platform

Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Using the DokuWiki as our voting platform

  • From: Jonah Aragon <jonah AT triplebit.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Using the DokuWiki as our voting platform
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 09:00:41 -0500

What you’re saying doesn’t really make sense, to me, could you clarify? The
author of the proposal is completely irrelevant, the plugin handles the
voting and ensures the counts are fair, you aren’t placing trust in any
person during this process, only the code itself.

Also, at the end of a vote, the plugin shows a list of exactly who voted for
what. I believe during a vote that data is hidden so as to not influence
people as much, but all the information is completely visible for
verification by the community at the end.

Jonah