discuss - [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Require voting in English

[opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Require voting in English

  • From: "Daniel Quintiliani" <danq AT runbox.com>
  • To: "discuss" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Require voting in English
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 14:50:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

A number of individuals are voting on proposals in other languages (Austrian?
German?). Not everyone can speak these languages, and I've never seen
languages other than English spoken on the list. I don't know how to process
these votes, though I'm hoping someone else can before time runs out (or
until someone translates them for Jonah and I). But in the future, unless the
demographics in this shift into speakers of another language, who can reverse
saide policy, we should require voting in English, with votes in other
languages considered invalid.

What do you think?

--

-Dan Q