discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin

Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin

  • From: Rouben <rouben AT rouben.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 20:55:25 -0400

I’m not surprised at all... from my experience most network admins whose networks get compromised usually are not at all responsive to abuse complaints... some even have fake/placeholder abuse contact info... so like I said, I am not at all surprised that orgs like Spamhaus blacklist first and “ask questions” later (or not at all).

Rouben

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 17:56 Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net> wrote:
On 06/28/2019 02:36 PM, Brian Greer wrote:
> That communication happened at all should be seen as a positive.

Just to clarify... Spamhaus did not reach out to opennic to discuss the
problem, they just started blacklisting our mail servers without
warning.  Instead, I actually dug around their site and found a contact
address to try and get a conversation going with them.  That is where I
received most of the info about the situation, and then worked with them
to develop the API so our blacklist content could be generated.  Quite
frankly I still find it really shitty that they knew full well that
opennic was caught in the middle, and they didn't even bother to try and
talk to us about it.

Rouben