discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin

Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 15:56:27 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx5.sourpuss.net 0220F2D4A0

On 06/28/2019 02:36 PM, Brian Greer wrote:
That communication happened at all should be seen as a positive.

Just to clarify... Spamhaus did not reach out to opennic to discuss the problem, they just started blacklisting our mail servers without warning.  Instead, I actually dug around their site and found a contact address to try and get a conversation going with them.  That is where I received most of the info about the situation, and then worked with them to develop the API so our blacklist content could be generated.  Quite frankly I still find it really shitty that they knew full well that opennic was caught in the middle, and they didn't even bother to try and talk to us about it.